Dining choices range from fish and chips, ice cream and frozen yogurt shops to casual and fine dining restaurants, with many overlooking the Steveston harbour. Historic sites are everywhere in Steveston, including the Gulf of Georgia Cannery and the Britannia Heritage Shipyard – both national historic sites of Canada and the London Heritage Farm. You will enjoy shopping in the Village! Many fascinating and creative gifts are found in our art galleries, gift and craft shops and marine stores.
Take a walking tour of the Steveston village and discover the uniqueness of this charming and picturesque community.
Will Pets be Allowed?
Due to the increased instances of allergies and respiratory problems among seniors’ The Maple Residences will be a pet free building. Unfortunately, this means all forms of pets (dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, rodents, fish, etc.). Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
What about Smoking?
For the same reasons pets cannot be permitted, neither will smoking. Due to the increased instances of allergies and respiratory problems among seniors’ The Maple Residences will be a Smoke Free environment. There will be no smoking on the property including in the suites, on balconies, in the courtyards or any of the common areas of the building.
City of Richmond Public Health Protection Bylaw No. 6989.
AGE: must be a senior. Senior means a single person age 55 or older or a couple where at least one person is age 55 or older.
INCOME: this project is geared for low to moderate income seniors. Low and Moderate Income means a gross household income that does not exceed the top of the second quintile of household incomes (2 persons or more). For 2009 that figure was $57,977 for couples and $48,000 for single individuals. This will change annually, please contact us for new information.
- The Maple Residences in Steveston Village is NOT Rent-Geared-to-Income.
- Tenants need to make less than the above noted Housing Income Limit, to be eligible to be a tenant, but individual tenant income will not determine your personal rent.
- The entire building will have fully serviced rents that are approximately $200 less than comparable facilities within Richmond. A comparable facility is a facility that offers similar suite sizes and services.
- The fully serviced rent is determined based on your suite selection. If you choose a one bedroom suite you will pay less than a tenant in a two bedroom suite. Approximate pricing is noted below.
- Although, no level of government will be providing monthly rent subsidies to tenants, but some tenants may benefit from SAFER. Please see the tab on the right side for the link to the SAFER program.